Men's Skincare: Get Ready For Summer
Summer, sun, the beach, holidays, parties. It brings about good vibes. So naturally you want to get your skin ready for the season of fun. Also, it’s worth noting that typically our skin doesn’t like the change in seasons, even though it happens every year. The switch from the cooler winter months to warm summer months (and vice versa) takes a toll on our skin. Our skin takes a while to adjust and can become quite oily or super dry depending on what season we are entering into. To get your skin looking super radiant and ready for show this summer we have curated our top 5 musts.
Get these 5 things into your routine to get ready for summer!
- Cleanser. This is something that should be taken into account all year round, and we don't just mean washing your face either. Now is the time to invest in a good cleanser. Especially during the summer you should be cleansing your skin in the morning and at night. This will rid your skin of all the extra oils and sweat that has built up throughout the day or those hot summer nights. Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient to look out for in cleansers, it boosts moisture retention and is pore minimising, meaning firmer skin and less blocked pores. Aesop’s ‘Fabulous Face Cleanser’ is our pick, to leave you with noticeably smoother, clean skin.
- Hydrate + Moisturise. Coming out of winter everyone’s skin is feeling dry. Keeping hydrated can minimise the dryness of your skin, but not completely. It is best to increase your uptake of water in summer, but a men’s moisturiser and a men’s face cream for summer are the perfect duo to tackle dry skin. The best time to apply body moisturiser and men’s face cream is after a shower, as your skin tends to dry up the most and become tight, due to the heat in the shower. Also, if you have been at the beach swimming, the salt water will dry your skin out too, so best to bring a travel size version with you when heading out for a swim. Tony & Munro have a Shine Control Moisturiser and Primer, perfect for any season, but particularly Summer. This best selling men’s face cream hydrates and primes the skin on your face, filling in fine lines and smoothing pores, with a matte finish to get you summer ready.
- Sun Protect. The first way to protect your skin from the sun is to remove yourself from the harshest UV ray period, which is between 10am - 2pm. If you are out during that time, don’t forget to apply a water-resistant sunscreen with SPF 30 or more. Reapplying every two hours, especially after swimming or sweating, can protect your skin from ageing, sun spots, skin cancer and sagging. Opt for a matte finish sunscreen for the face, in particular to control oil production, and pop a hat on your head during the day to create more shade which protects your skin from the harsh elements. If you want an alternative try Tony & Munro's BB Cream that comes with SPF and in three shades.
- Lip Nourish. Winter months tend to cause havoc with your lips making them dry and cracked. To get them summer ready, start using a lip balm with SPF. Continue to use this through the hotter months not just because of the heat, but dry wind and perhaps too much kissing for some ;-) can cause them to dry out and crack. Sun Bum soothing lip balm is one of our favourites and contains aloe vera and softening cocoa butter which provides a relief to any man battling chapped lips.
- Exfoliate. After the cold Winter months, exfoliation is key to getting your skin ready to see the world. Exfoliate often, but not too often that you scrub away the natural oils of your skin. A good balance is twice a week. Nivea also has a men’s Protect & Care Exfoliating Face Scrub that has Aloe Vera and Pro-Vitamin B5. Get rid of dry dead skin cells and get your skin glowing!
Now guys, it's time to get ready for Summer!
When it come's to Tony & Munro's top selling moisturiser, not only does it hydrate the skin it also helps prepare it, filling in fine lines and smoothing pores, giving you a healthy matte finish.
For noticeably less-oily skin, apply a small amount to your face (a little goes a long way), massaging gently to ensure maximum absorption. Your skin will feel hydrated and smooth, while the active ingredients will provide a lifting and tightening sensation - leaving your skin prepared should you wish to apply any other products on top.